Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tough Chick Adventures...Go!

Look, I know I JUST posted a new blog, but seriously, I can't ignore in-my-face signs that I MUST do something...like...now.

I have never heard of "adventure clubs" until someone mentioned it Friday. Then a neighbor shared her club with me this weekend. Ok. Ok. I get it. I'm hearing ya.

It's a sign people. It's a freakin' sign!

I am destined to start an adventure club, and don't be surprised if I recruit YOU to join in the mayhem!

Apparently, an adventure club is a group of women who do crazy shit every few months and laugh about it after. Two different chicks in the group plan the adventure, then they give clues to the rest of the group hinting at the adventure to come. Whatever it is, it has to be something that takes each woman out of her comfort zone and encourages her to try something new.

It could be paintballing or skydiving. It could be spelunking...ooooh, the cave kind, not the bedroom kind (don't get off track now). It could be badass like shooting guns. It could be something less physical but equally terrifying...or cringeworthy. It's all about mixing life up a bit, and you know I am so in for that...
Man, I'm more stoked about this than the time my mom
bought me a gold whip and a Wonder Woman costume,
 and I realized I could jump off the bookcases
 in the house. Granted...I was only 3, but still...
Still with me here?

Sooooo, basically, this is totally my type of thing. It's spontaneous. It's adrenaline inducing. It's crazy. It's freakin' perfect, and I am so hooked. And, the beauty of my newfound excitement is I haven't even officially started a club yet. Imagine the energy I'll have when I get this thing rolling! Holla!

I blurted out to Rick a few minutes ago that I was now organizing my own adventure group. I figured he should know since we do live together, and I would assume he might want to know why I'm leaving the house every few months like a secret agent on a mission. A mission to kick ass, that is!

Anyhoo, Rick is a man of few words, so our brief conversation went something like this:

Me: Holy shit and a handbasket! I am SO doing an adventure club!!!!!!!

Rick: ????? (his incredulous...WTF are you up to now and why do I think it spells DOOOOOOMMMM look...)

Me: I'm going to get some girls together, and we are going to do some top-secret crazy-ass adventures! Whoop! Whoop!

Rick: I can only imagine what type of things YOU are going to plan.

Me: Daaammmmnnnn straight. I've already got a mental list of like fifty things we can do.

Rick: I bet you do. Have fun.

So, with dry-humored husband on board, I now need to recruit some fun chicks to come hang with me and take the world by storm...who's in?

I actually have a few chicks in mind, so if you get a message from me. Please don't ignore it out of fear. : )

This is an opportunity for women to step out of their comfort zone and try something new. And, I have been talking about this for-EVER...doing something out of the ordinary and challenging yourself makes you feel invincible. And, when you feel invincible, you gain confidence. You feel sexier. You feel stronger. You feel like you can do anything. It's an addictive rush, and I highly recommend it.

That said, I must insist on Y.O.U. joining my new club and rockin' some adventures with me.

I mean, at the very least, we can all hang out sans kids for a day every few months and laugh like crazy while we attempt something totally cra-ZEEEE!

I love it. And, I'm thinking once we get started, you will too. Man, Kelly Clarkson is singing to me right now...'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'....

Holy shit! This is going to be epically fun : )

Tough Chick Adventures starts NOW. Go.

__________________________________________________________________________

Check out my neighbor's blog about her adventure group. So inspirational, and I plan to rock it hard like these cool chicks...! Thanks Kathleen for sharing...dude...we need to hang out more : )

http://10adventuregirls.wordpress.com/


2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you decided to do this!!!! I knew as soon as I said it on Friday that it was totally up your alley ;) We just got back from our first adventure - can't wait to show you my "battle scars" tomorrow at MBC! Word of advice - DO NOT forget the adult beverages for afterwards... Post-gaming is crucial and almost as much fun as the adventure itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration, Jenn : ) Your battle scars were pretty cool, btw! I LOVE scars and am super proud of every single one I have! Agreed. Shots all around after every adventure : )

    ReplyDelete