Tuesday, April 10, 2012

You're Sexy & You Know It

Thank you LMFAO for the anthem song every woman needs to be singing at the top of her lungs...because seriously, we all have that sexy beast wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggling it around inside there somewhere, right? Sometimes we just need the confidence to release it.

And, I have just the thing to do just that...

A few months ago, I decided...on a whim...I wanted to do something spi-caaay for Rick. I came across a local photographer who was offering boudoir photo sessions at a nearby hotel. The photos were artsy and beautiful and the models were ordinary, everyday women of all different ages, shapes and sizes. I was enthralled by these photos and how every single picture I clicked on showed a confident, sexy woman having fun with the camera. It was magic. And, I knew I had to do this.

Now, granted, I am not shy about sex or nudity or...well...anything. But, I have never been a huge fan of getting my picture taken. For the most part, I don't consider myself photogenic (I happen to be one of those people who makes very strange facial expressions when I talk....a handy affliction I monopolized on during the years I did community theater but not so cute when I'm modeling for pictures). So, it was a bit daunting to have a photographer do a photo shoot with me and just me for a full, uninterrupted hour.

The day of the photo shoot, I found myself at a hotel, which appeared to be hosting the monthly meeting for the Seedy Truck-driving, Beer-drinking, Ass-grabbing  Men of Warrenton Club, as a sizable group of douche bags were tailgating across the street from the entrance waiting for the next model to arrive. I can only imagine what type of fantasies they were having watching women walk in and out of this building all day...going in wearing sweats and coming out all sexified. Clearly, parades of hot lesbians had been frog jumping through their fantasies all day....covered in bubbles and champagne as this particular hotel offered some rooms with party-sized Jacuzzis right next to the bed. (And, no, we did not do any bubble bath pictures, though that was my first question upon entering the hair and makeup room. Hells to the yes, I was game for that! What? What!)

Honestly, the hardest part of the whole shoot was the makeup. I don't usually wear makeup, and the very patient makeup artist had to deal with my cringing and flinching and watering eyes as she painstakingly worked on my bedroom look. I have to say she did an a-MAZ-ing job making me look seductive and sexy without turning me into a completely different person. And, though I'm sure she was ready to smack the shit out of me because I was not the easiest person to apply makeup to, she remained ridiculously sweet.

Jessica Tapscott, the photographer, was exactly how I had envisioned her. She was cute and bubbly with an infectious smile and a full head of thick, wild hair. She was so chill and passionate about her camera, she made me want to take gorgeous pics just so I could see her smile light up the room one more time. Her crew was equally chill, and within seconds of them entering the room and throwing themselves across the bed, I felt like an honorary member of their girls' club. It was like being in your best friend's bedroom putting on makeup, playing dressup and talking about boys...or in this case...our kids who just happened to be around the same ages.

After makeup and small talk, we headed across the hall to the photoshoot room and the fun began! And, yes, it was serious fun! I may not be a fan of taking normal, everyday pictures, but apparently I L.O.V.E taking boudoir pictures. Jessica had transformed an ordinary hotel room into a romantic bed and breakfast getaway. I felt sexy. I looked sexy. And, despite my earlier reservations about weird facial twitches, I had no problem talking to Jessica's camera with my brand new bedroom eyes. Talk about liberation, ladies! You seriously have not been liberated until you've done a lingerie photo shoot with a group of fun-loving, strong and confident women at the helm steering your pictures into gorgeousness. Thank YOU, Jessica!

I personally could have done another hour of pictures and was kinda disappointed when Jess called it a wrap. Seriously? You don't want just one more? How about this pose? Or this one? Or I could stand here or crawl over there....or....or.....or....

You get the point.

A few weeks later, my pics arrived in the mail on a handy CD. The plan was to save them for our anniversary in May. Rick, though, figures everything out. And, he spent my girls' night out scouring the house for the pictures and upon finding them, promptly uploaded them all to his IPOD.

I wanted to be mad at him when he told me the next morning, but I just couldn't muster it...he was so excited about the pictures and touched I had done them for him that all I could do was kiss him...for like...you know...an hour. My way of saying you're welcome. (Suprisingly, Rick has decided I simply HAVE to do another photo shoot...I think he's addicted. Gotta love a man addicted to his wife. Doesn't get much better than that, right?)

It's always a good idea to remind your husband that despite being a mom to three young kids and wearing lounge pants so often it should be made illegal and choosing the go-to style of ponytail or baseball cap rather than actually doing my hair...I am STILL one hot, sexy, sizzling and spicy bitch. And, he better remember that.

Of course, if he happens to forget one day, he now has a constant reminder on his IPOD.

LMFAO is singing in my head right now, and I'm thinking YOU should Facebook Jessica and see when her next boudoir session is taking place...

Seriously, every woman should do a boudoir photo shoot. You will walk away from the adventure feeling like a new woman...a sexier, stronger, happier, more confident woman ready to rock the world and rock it hard. It's just pure, uninhibited fun!

After all, you ARE sexy and you KNOW it...you just have to take the plunge and show it. Holla!

_________________________________________________________________________

Curious? Check out Jessica Tapscott's Boudoir Facebook page and don't forget to LIKE it to receive updates.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3044649077650.2126557.1305813168&type=1#!/shhboudoirphotography

__________________________________________________________________________
Just a few of the gorgeous pics Jessica took...I can't give them all away, but I wanted to give you a taste of what I'm asking y'all to try...(thanks, Rick, for letting me share a few of your pics with my girls!) And, yes, y'all better get out there and try this...because I'm not posting these money shots for nothing ; ) !!!!
 



2 comments: